Johan Nellbeck has been appointed new Senior Vice President Paperboard at Holmen and will take up his post no later than the first of November. Johan Nellbeck was most recently Senior Vice President and business area manager for Packaging Paper at BillerudKorsnäs, where he has worked since 2006. “Johan has solid experience of the industry, particularly of developing the business through close collaboration between market and mill. I’m convinced that this, along with his excellent leadership skills, will prove extremely valuable in the continued development of our paperboard business,” says Henrik Sjölund, President and CEO of Holmen. Click Read More below for additional information.
One of the main materials we use at DS Smith Tecnicarton to manufacture our industrial packaging is corrugated cardboard, 100% recyclable and biodegradable.
Although packaging was initially used to transport mainly food from the manufacturer to the consumer, the fact is that it has gradually been perfected and, today, packaging is necessary to preserve almost any type of goods during transport or long periods of time. But this revolution in the packaging sector has not stopped and are increasingly protected products in distribution chains.
In the industrial sector, the cardboard box has been able to win the battle against the wooden box, becoming the protective and transport packaging in mass consumer products. Proof of this is the number of products packed or packed with cardboard that pass through our hands every day.
But do you know what advantages cardboard has for the environment?
1. It is one of the materials with the least environmental impact. Its manufacture means a reduction of up to 60% in CO2 and oil emissions compared to other materials.
2. It is 100% recyclable and biodegradable. Corrugated cardboard degrades completely within a maximum period of one year. As it is basically cellulose, its decomposition time is scarce and if it is exposed to favourable weather conditions, i.e. it is in a humid environment, this degradation accelerates even more.
3. Minimizes waste generation. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: this is the way to avoid the unnecessary consumption of cardboard.
4. Recycled cardboard does not lose durability or resistance. After recycling, corrugated cardboard does not lose quality or properties and is also more economical.
5. Recycling cardboard allows us to save energy that can be used in the manufacture of other resources. 90% less water and 50% less electricity are needed to make them.