Camping World Holdings has given an update on its plans for Gander Mountain. Camping World, which acquired the assets of Gander Mountain and boating division Overton's in a bankruptcy auction in May, said it plans to operate 57 locations — assuming details can be worked out with landlords and final acceptable leases agreed to. Liquidation sales started in May at all 160 Gander stores. The plan for the locations that have survived the cut is for them to reopen under the new brand of Gander Outdoors. The stores will feature a fresh mix of Gander Outdoors, Overton's and Camping World products and services. Click Read More below for more of the story.
Meredith Corporation’s Family Circle today unveils a fresh, new approach with its September 2018 issue, on sale now. Every iconic brand needs to continually evolve to stay relevant for consumers. Life and the way we live it rapidly changes year after year, including the way we shop, eat, communicate, and parent. Under the direction of Editor in Chief Cheryl Brown, Creative Director Jaclyn Steinberg, and award-winning design consultant Claudia de Almeida (of o Banquinho Studio), the print redesign speaks to this need for change and features a new logo, updated cover design, photography that captures real life, and a new content structure.
The editors have dismantled the traditional sections of the book—style, home, food, health, and family—and have reorganized the content into two hubs that better reflect the rhythm of life: On Duty and Off Duty. On Duty is mom is taking care of business: at her job, managing her kids, navigating finances, tackling the never-ending pile of laundry, getting dinner on the table—everything that populates her to-do list. Off Duty is where the fun happens: decorating, planning a family vacation, shopping, entertaining, and connecting with family and friends.
“Our 15 million readers are busy moms who are raising teens,” says Brown. “We connect with them by making their daily lives easier, providing doable inspiration, and helping them make the most of their ‘me’ time. Plus, we guide these readers through the candid conversations they need to have with their teens on issues that affect them—conversations that are the newest and most important responsibility of modern parenting.”
The September issue introduces nine new columns, all of which were developed based on research and focus group feedback from moms. Here are a few highlights:
• FAMILY ALBUM consists of artful, photo-driven pages that showcase what modern families look like today. Personal anecdotes from each member of the household bring the photos to life and capture the dynamic that makes each family unique.
• THE FIX is dedicated to solving everyday beauty problems all women have, such as dark circles, chipped nails, afternoon makeup fade, and ponytail dents.
• TASK MASTER helps moms conquer those never-ending chores like laundry, cleaning, and vacuuming in a smarter and more efficient way. We’ll provide shortcuts, techniques, products, and ways to get the kids to help out.
• FAMILY HEALTH CHECKLIST is dedicated to covering everyday health issues, such as allergies, cold and flu, and stomach discomfort. It will provide expert advice from doctors, along with tips for prevention, treatment options, and what to stock in your medicine cabinet. We want readers to feel confident and empowered in their role as Dr. Mom.
• TALKING ABOUT takes on headline-making news, such as sexual harassment, school shootings and vaping, and helps our readers discuss these tough topics with their kids. Parents can’t control what their children hear, but they can control how kids process that information.
• RELATIONSHIPS are the fabric of family life, which is why we’re partnering with Liz Pryor—author, speaker, and “Life Advice Guru” as named by ABC’s Good Morning America. Pryor will cover relatable relationship topics with depth, heart, and humor, both in print and online.
more at: https://ir.meredith.com/news-releases/press-release-details/2018/Family-Circle-Debuts-Major-Redesign-With-September-2018-Issue/default.aspx