Bertelsmann is strengthening its education business with another acquisition in the United States: Relias Learning, a subsidiary of the international media, service and education company, is taking over WhiteCloud Analytics, a Boise, Idaho-based company specializing in performance management in the healthcare sector. The partners have agreed to keep the purchase price confidential. Kay Krafft, CEO of the Bertelsmann Education Group, said: “Relias Learning has grown significantly over the past few years, opening up new customer groups such as the hospital segment. The company has also advanced into new lines of business such as performance management, and simultaneously started expanding internationally. The acquisition of WhiteCloud Analytics further strengthens Relias by complementing the company’s first-class e-learning offerings with a deepening data analysis tool.” Click Read More below for additional detail.
InnerWorkings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INWK), the leading global marketing execution firm, today announced financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019. For all non-GAAP references below, please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation tables at the end of this release for more information.
“We are successfully executing our strategy to achieve profitable growth,” said Chief Executive Officer Rich Stoddart. “Our year-to-date operating expenses have declined despite growth in revenue and we have continued to sign more business with new and existing clients, reaching a new annual record with a robust pipeline and two months remaining in the year.”
Financial and Business Highlights
• Gross revenue was $286.5 million in the third quarter of 2019, an increase of 6% compared to $270.9 million in the third quarter of 2018. Excluding currency impact, third quarter gross revenue increased 7% compared to the same period of last year.
• Gross profit (net revenue) was $68.2 million, or 23.8% of gross revenue in the third quarter of 2019, compared to $64.0 million, or 23.6% of gross revenue, in the same period of last year. Third quarter gross profit (net revenue) increased 6% over the prior period and 7% excluding currency impact.
• Net loss for the third quarter of 2019 was $(2.2) million, or $(0.04) per diluted share, compared to net loss of $(44.9) million, or $(0.87) per diluted share in the third quarter of 2018.
• Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the third quarter of 2019 was $0.05, compared to $0.04 in the third quarter of 2018. Year-to-date adjusted diluted earnings per share was $0.12, compared to $0.03 in the same period of 2018.
• Adjusted EBITDA was $11.6 million in the third quarter of 2019, compared to $12.2 million in the third quarter of 2018. Year-to-date adjusted EBITDA was $31.8 million, an increase of 15% compared to the same period of 2018.
• Additional work from new and existing clients awarded to date in 2019 amounts to approximately $142 million of annual revenue at full run-rate.
“We have already surpassed 2018’s full-year adjusted EBITDA only three quarters into 2019,” said Don Pearson, Chief Financial Officer. “We expect this momentum to continue as we finish the year and into 2020 as we continue to realize the benefits of our $15 million cost reduction plan announced in March 2019. We are on track to realize $4 million of these cost savings this year, with most of the remaining $11 million to be realized next year, setting the stage for significant sustainable profitable growth in 2020 and beyond.”
details at: https://investor.inwk.com/news-releases/news-release-details/innerworkings-announces-third-quarter-2019-results