The U.S. Postal Service today announced it was ready to deliver a lot of cheer — in the form of roughly 16 billion cards, letters and packages — this holiday season. The Postal Service, the largest e-commerce deliverer, is projecting about 750 million packages will be delivered this holiday season, a 12-percent increase in volume compared to last year. “Our customers can count on the entire Postal Service workforce to deliver their holiday gifts, cards and letters,” said Megan J. Brennan, Postmaster General and CEO. “With the Postal Service’s unrivaled network and expanded 7-day a week delivery window, we are uniquely qualified to provide the highest levels of customer service and we are confident that’s exactly what we’ll do this holiday season.” Additionally, the Postal Service is hiring more than 35,000 seasonal employees to help process and deliver increased volumes and meet the needs of its customers. click Read More below for additional detail
InnerWorkings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INWK), the leading global marketing execution firm, today announced financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019. For all non-GAAP references below, please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation tables at the end of this release for more information.
“We are successfully executing our strategy to achieve profitable growth,” said Chief Executive Officer Rich Stoddart. “Our year-to-date operating expenses have declined despite growth in revenue and we have continued to sign more business with new and existing clients, reaching a new annual record with a robust pipeline and two months remaining in the year.”
Financial and Business Highlights
• Gross revenue was $286.5 million in the third quarter of 2019, an increase of 6% compared to $270.9 million in the third quarter of 2018. Excluding currency impact, third quarter gross revenue increased 7% compared to the same period of last year.
• Gross profit (net revenue) was $68.2 million, or 23.8% of gross revenue in the third quarter of 2019, compared to $64.0 million, or 23.6% of gross revenue, in the same period of last year. Third quarter gross profit (net revenue) increased 6% over the prior period and 7% excluding currency impact.
• Net loss for the third quarter of 2019 was $(2.2) million, or $(0.04) per diluted share, compared to net loss of $(44.9) million, or $(0.87) per diluted share in the third quarter of 2018.
• Adjusted diluted earnings per share for the third quarter of 2019 was $0.05, compared to $0.04 in the third quarter of 2018. Year-to-date adjusted diluted earnings per share was $0.12, compared to $0.03 in the same period of 2018.
• Adjusted EBITDA was $11.6 million in the third quarter of 2019, compared to $12.2 million in the third quarter of 2018. Year-to-date adjusted EBITDA was $31.8 million, an increase of 15% compared to the same period of 2018.
• Additional work from new and existing clients awarded to date in 2019 amounts to approximately $142 million of annual revenue at full run-rate.
“We have already surpassed 2018’s full-year adjusted EBITDA only three quarters into 2019,” said Don Pearson, Chief Financial Officer. “We expect this momentum to continue as we finish the year and into 2020 as we continue to realize the benefits of our $15 million cost reduction plan announced in March 2019. We are on track to realize $4 million of these cost savings this year, with most of the remaining $11 million to be realized next year, setting the stage for significant sustainable profitable growth in 2020 and beyond.”
details at: https://investor.inwk.com/news-releases/news-release-details/innerworkings-announces-third-quarter-2019-results