With an ideal combination of FormMax, PressMax and DryMax, Voith achieves a higher level of performance for the paper machine in the paper production process. In the former, press or dryer section, the Voith products combine perfectly with one another as AdvancedPRODUCTs to lower operating costs, increase productivity, improve quality and provide a safer workplace for operators. Working with the Green Bay Packaging mill team, the FormMax approach has resulted in more uniform drainage, more level dry line on the wire, sheet breaks are halved, chemical cleaning and hazards are significantly reduced and the paper strength target is achieved using a lower basis weight in the forming section. click Read More below for additional detail
Result for the first quarter of 2015
• Sales were EUR 525.7 million (Q1/2014: 501.2).
• Operating result excluding non-recurring items was EUR 43.2 million (36.1). Operating result including non-recurring items was EUR 43.1 million (43.5).
• Result before taxes excluding non-recurring items was EUR 32.3 million (20.8). Result before taxes including non-recurring items was EUR 32.2 million (26.0).
Events during the first quarter of 2015
• The demand for paperboard continued to be at a good level, and the delivery volumes increased from the previous quarter. The prices were stable.
• Metsä Board’s Board of Directors made a decision on a share issue of approximately EUR 100 million on 26 February. The subscription period of the share issue began on 5 March and ended on 23 March. A total of 38,227,779 B-series shares were subscribed for in the share issue, corresponding to 139.8 per cent of the 27,347,134 B-series shares offered. The funds received from the share issue will be used to finance the final steps of transformation to a paperboard company.