January–September 2018 (1–9/2017)
• Sales were EUR 1486.1 million (1397.3).
• Comparable operating result was EUR 191.9 million (139.1), or 12.9% (10.0%) of sales. Operating result was EUR 186.3 million (152.7).
• Comparable earnings per share were EUR 0.44 (0.27), and earnings per share were EUR 0.43 (0.30).
• Comparable return on capital employed was 14.7% (10.6%).
July–September 2018 (4–6/2018)
• Sales were EUR 475.1 million (518.7).
• Comparable operating result was EUR 63.7 million (59.2), or 13.4% (11.4%) of sales. Operating result was EUR 63.7 million (53.6).
• Comparable earnings per share were EUR 0.16 (0.13), and earnings per share were EUR 0.16 (0.12).
• Comparable return on capital employed was 15.0% (13.9%).
Metsä Board’s CEO Mika Joukio: “Profitability in the third quarter improved due to the increased average prices of folding boxboard, white kraftliner and market pulp. The average price of paperboard rose due to successful price increases and the optimisation of the sales mix. The pulp market remained strong and the increased production and delivery volumes of pulp improved the result of our associated company Metsä Fibre.
Our paperboard deliveries were at a record-high level during the first half of the year and particularly during the second quarter. We estimate the high delivery volumes during the first half of the year to have increased customers’ stocks, which had an effect on our delivery volumes during the third quarter. The changes in the delivery volumes of market pulp were mainly due to theincrease in our own pulp consumption from growing paperboard production at the Husum mill in Sweden.
more detail at: https://www.metsaboard.com/Media/Stock-Exchange-and-Press-Releases/Pages/Release.aspx?EncryptedId=50766E456241080D&Title=MetsaBoardscomparableoperatingresultinJanuarySeptember2018wasEUR192million