Kroger Co. on Thursday reported a big increase in its first quarter profit and its 46th consecutive quarter of positive identical supermarket sales growth, excluding fuel. “Our results show the power of our Customer 1st Strategy," stated Rodney McMullen, chairman and CEO, Kroger. "Our associates are making a difference for our customers by providing excellent service and product quality and selection, and we continue to improve the shopping experience by bringing technology and digital capabilities to our business. Kroger’s profit rose a better-than-expected 23.5% to $619 million in the quarter ended May 23, from $501 million in the year ago period, amid a fall in operating expenses. Total sales inched up 0.3% to $33.1 billion, less than expected. Same-store sales, excluding fuel, were up 5.7%.
Attendees of the 11th Annual Dscoop Conference in San Antonio, TX can look forward to an extensive offering of products and solutions from Midland Paper. The annual Dscoop Conference is a unique gathering of marketers, printers, industry experts and suppliers from across North America. Midland Paper is unique in that it supports all digital technologies including HP Indigo Sheetfed, HP Wide/Grand Format Inkjet and HP High Speed Continuous-fed Inkjet. No other merchant distributor in the country focuses on all three of these important technology platforms.
“This is an exciting time to be associated with Midland – Our specialty business has seen a compound annual growth rate of over 70% over the last 3 years and we will exceed $70.0 million in revenue in 2016” said Mike Ratcliff, Midland’s VP and General Manager – Specialty Paper and Film Division. “You don’t achieve that type of growth in this market without making the right investments and taking care of your customers.”
Key investments over the last year include:
• January, 2015 – Midland continued to build on its expansion in the Western U.S. with the hiring of John Fulton as Sales Territory Manager for Northern California and the Pacific Northwest.
• March, 2015 – Midland established a presence in the Southeastern U.S. with the hire of Rick Zoeckler as Sales Territory Manager for the Southeast U.S. and establishment of a warehouse in Atlanta, GA.
• September, 2015 – Midland made a key strategic acquisition purchasing Shaughnessy Paper – a 135 year-old highly-regarded merchant distributor based out of St Louis, MO. With Sales and Warehouse locations in Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Canada, this important acquisition continues to expand Midland Specialty Paper & Film’s footprint in North America.
“Year in and year out, the ownership of Midland has shown that it will continue to invest in our growth in this market with a long term goal of becoming the premiere distributor of Specialty Substrates in North America, “ said Mike Graves, Midland’s President & COO.
Midland Paper will have key representatives of their Specialty Paper and Film Team on hand at Booth 322 to showcase the latest digital products in their portfolio including:
• Coated, Uncoated and Specialty Papers
• Pressure Sensitive Paper and Films
• Synthetic Substrates
• Wide Format & Grand Format Inkjet
• High Speed Continuous-fed Inkjet
With over $1.0 billion in annual sales, Midland Paper, Packaging + Supplies’ access to the world’s highest quality paper mills and digital substrate manufacturers, combined with its commitments to provide excellent customer service and unmatched industry expertise, uniquely positions the company to be the future of specialty and digital media supply.
Please visit the following URL to see and learn more about what makes Midland’s Specialty Paper & Film Division unique – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HekBgm9h5RE