Greenerprinter has joined Two Sides North America, the non-profit organization that promotes and encourages the responsible production, use, and sustainability of print and paper. “We always continue to seek out new ways to bring renewable energy more directly into our operations. While we are proud to have been one of the first printers in the country to become green certified, and use recycled papers and soy & vegetable inks exclusively, we realize there is still much to do and are very excited about our new Two Sides membership,” says Mario Assadi, CEO, Greenerprinter.
Quad/Graphics’ Dallas printing plant earned 20 awards in the Printing Industries of America 2016 Premier Print Awards, including four “Bennys,” the annual competition’s top recognition for print excellence.
The 2016 Premier Print Awards drew nearly 3,000 entries in 92 categories from around the world covering the entire range of printed materials from books, magazines and catalogs to postcards, calendars and invitations. In addition to the Best of Category Bennys, the judges awarded 355 Awards of Recognition and 846 Certificates of Merit. The awards were presented on September 25 in conjunction with the start of the GRAPH EXPO 16 printing industry trade show in Orlando, Fla.
Quad/Graphics’ Dallas plant earned the following 2016 Premier Print Awards:
Best of Category Bennys
• Jacobs Annual Report – Business and Annual Reports (4 or more colors, printers with 101-250 employees)
• Jacobs Annual Report – Hi-Fidelity Printing
• American Dream – Promotional Campaigns, Business-to-Business
• Walnut Place – Booklets (4 or more colors, printers with 101-250 employees)
Awards of Recognition
• Neiman Marcus Bejeweled – Product/Service Catalogs (Cover – Sheetfed, Interior – Web)
• South Coast Plaza Holiday Booklet – Product/Service Catalogs (Cover – Sheetfed, Interior – Web)
• Arhaus Fall 2015 – Product Catalogs (4 or more colors, printers with 101-250 employees)
• FD NorthPark – Fashion/Popular Culture Magazines (Printers with more than 250 employees)
• Walnut Place – Hi-Fidelity Printing
Certificates of Merit
• Neiman Marcus Italian Jewelry Fall 2015 – Promotional Campaigns, Consumer
• RGT Proposal Colder – Presentation Folders/Portfolios (1, 2, or 3 colors)
• SCAD Catalog 2015-16 – Service Catalogs (4 or more colors, printers with 101-250 employees)
• J.Hilburn Fall 2015 – Product Catalogs (4 or more colors, printers with 101-250 employees)
• Neiman Marcus Bejeweled – Product Catalogs (4 or more colors, printers with 101-250 employees)
• Le Pan (Art of Fine Wine Living) – Architectural/Art/Travel/Other Magazines (Printers with fewer than 250 employees)
• Baylor University Poster – Posters
• PBR World Finals 2015 – Programs (4 or more colors)
• RMG The American Rodeo Program 2016 – Programs (4 or more colors)
• Leanin’ Tree – Specialty Inks or Coatings, Fragrances, or Invisible Printing Inks
• Neiman Marcus Shoe & Handbag Fall 2015 – Hi-Fidelity Printing
“Our Dallas plant has a reputation for producing top-quality print for a wide range of customers, including some of America’s best known brands and companies,” said Tim Ohnmacht, Quad/Graphics’ President of Marketing Solutions. “Congratulations to everyone on our Dallas team for their outstanding work. The fact that many printers consider the Premier Print Awards to be the industry’s most prestigious competition makes these awards even more special.”
Quad’s Dallas facility, known by many as QuadWilliamson, will add its latest Benny Awards – bronze statuettes of Benjamin Franklin who considered himself first and foremost a printer – to its “Wall of Bennys” display, which contains more than 200 statuettes.