Second Quarter Highlights: * Company posted Revenues of $61.9 million and Adjusted EBITDA of $21.2 million for the second quarter of FY 2016. EBITDA is up 78% versus prior year. * First half Adjusted EBITDA finalized at $38.4 million, up 27% versus the prior year. * Newsstand unit sales remain stable and consistent for the celebrity market over the last 48 consecutive weeks. * Chairman, President and CEO David Pecker reconfirmed his previous FY16 Revenue guidance of $230 to $235 million and EBITDA of $80 to $85 million, up 8% to 15%, over prior year.
Amazon today announced the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service delivered more than 2 billion items for Marketplace sellers worldwide in 2016. The Amazon Marketplace creates opportunities for sellers, brand owners and entrepreneurs to reach customers around the world. FBA items shipped worldwide grew more than 50 percent during the holiday season, while Prime members ordered millions of items from sellers in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program offering free two-day or next-day shipping.
“2016 was a record-breaking year in sales worldwide for sellers on Amazon. The Amazon Marketplace empowers brand owners and retailers of all sizes, many of them small businesses, to reach customers around the world,” said Peter Faricy, VP for Amazon Marketplace. “In fact, according to our economic studies, sellers have created over 600,000 new jobs outside of Amazon. Sellers are choosing Amazon because we help them build and grow their businesses with impactful programs like Seller Fulfilled Prime, and we’re proud of the fact that sellers are reinvesting their success into their local communities by creating jobs.”
“As a growing business and brand owner, the Amazon Exclusives and FBA programs helped us accelerate our business to achieve more than 100 percent growth in sales this year,” said Ben Arneberg, co-founder of Willow & Everett. “The FBA service handles the work of packaging and shipping orders to customers, which gives us the time to create new products that customers will love. We had our most successful Black Friday and Cyber Monday ever, and on Prime Day earlier in the year our sales boomed more than 10x compared to last year.”
2016 Selling on Amazon Milestones:
Marketplace and FBA
• FBA delivered more than 2 billion items worldwide.
• Active sellers worldwide using the FBA service grew more than 70 percent.
• Outside the U.S., FBA units shipped grew more than 80 percent.
• Using the FBA service, Amazon sellers from more than 130 different countries around the world fulfilled orders to customers in 185 countries.
• The Seller Fulfilled Prime program added more than 6 million new items that are now Prime eligible across the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Japan.
• Sellers on Amazon that reached $100K in sales grew by 30 percent.
• Sellers worldwide have created more than 600,000 new jobs outside of Amazon.
• Sellers worldwide received orders for more than 28 million items on Cyber Monday.
• FBA items shipped worldwide grew more than 50 percent year-over-year during the holiday season.
• Prime members worldwide ordered millions of items from sellers in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program offering free two-day or next-day shipping.
• Sponsored Products clicks worldwide grew by more than 150 percent driven by expansion of advertising placements on desktop and mobile sites.
• The number of sellers worldwide using Sponsored Products grew more than 100 percent.
• Sponsored Products introduced a new and convenient payment method, Unified Billing, which allows Sellers to deduct their advertising spend from sales proceeds.
more at: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2233730