• Operating Cash Generation2 and Adjusted EBITDA² set new records in the quarter: R$1.28 billion and R$1.57 billion, respectively.
• Strong performance in the pulp segment, supported by the effect from exchange variation: adjusted EBITDA1/ton of R$1,646/ton (+59.4% on 2Q17).
• Marginal increase in cash cost in LTM: R$593/ton, 0.8% higher than in LTM to 2Q17.
• Solid results and new increases in paper prices in both the domestic and international markets: adjusted EBITDA1/ton of R$892/ton (+25.8% on 2Q17).
• Truck drivers’ strike: production loss of approximately 80,000 tons of market pulp and of approximately 25,000 tons of paper in 2Q18, which adversely affected sales.
• Investments: conclusion of the acquisition of around 9,500 hectares in rural areas and 1,200,000 m³ of wood in São Paulo state from Duratex S.A.
• Transaction with Fibria: authorization granted without restrictions by Federal Trade Commission (U.S. antitrust agency, case formally filed at CADE (Brazil) and SAMR (China) and pre-filing in European Union and Turkey, issuance of declaration of effectiveness by the Securities Exchange Commission of the United States of America.
• Financing of Fibria Transaction: 6th debentures issue (R$4.7 billion | US$1.3 billion) and reduction of financial commitment to US$4,4 billion.
details at: http://ir.suzano.com.br/ptb/6947/636221.pdf