Catalyst (TSX: CYT) today announced the sale of approximately 250 hectares of surplus land in Powell River, British Columbia, for $4.5 million. The forested land is adjacent to the Powell River mill site. While the land was previously harvested by predecessor companies, it has never been the site of manufacturing activity. Catalyst had no plans to use this parcel of land.
• Operating Cash Generation2 and Adjusted EBITDA² set new records in the quarter: R$1.28 billion and R$1.57 billion, respectively.
• Strong performance in the pulp segment, supported by the effect from exchange variation: adjusted EBITDA1/ton of R$1,646/ton (+59.4% on 2Q17).
• Marginal increase in cash cost in LTM: R$593/ton, 0.8% higher than in LTM to 2Q17.
• Solid results and new increases in paper prices in both the domestic and international markets: adjusted EBITDA1/ton of R$892/ton (+25.8% on 2Q17).
• Truck drivers’ strike: production loss of approximately 80,000 tons of market pulp and of approximately 25,000 tons of paper in 2Q18, which adversely affected sales.
• Investments: conclusion of the acquisition of around 9,500 hectares in rural areas and 1,200,000 m³ of wood in São Paulo state from Duratex S.A.
• Transaction with Fibria: authorization granted without restrictions by Federal Trade Commission (U.S. antitrust agency, case formally filed at CADE (Brazil) and SAMR (China) and pre-filing in European Union and Turkey, issuance of declaration of effectiveness by the Securities Exchange Commission of the United States of America.
• Financing of Fibria Transaction: 6th debentures issue (R$4.7 billion | US$1.3 billion) and reduction of financial commitment to US$4,4 billion.
details at: http://ir.suzano.com.br/ptb/6947/636221.pdf