A new feature that lets customers see emailed images of their incoming physical mail has attracted more than 2 million users, U.S. Postal Service Postmaster General and CEO Megan J. Brennan announced today, during the opening session of the National Postal Forum, the country’s premier mailing and shipping conference. Brennan added that with the offering available in nearly every ZIP Code in the United States, more than 10,000 new people are signing up every day.
- 3Q16 Diluted Earnings per Share Increased to $1.44
- U.S. Domestic Deliveries per Day Climb 5.7% Driven by Ecommerce
- Deferred Air Shipments Jump 10% and Next Day Air Increased 5.9%
- International Operating Profit up 14% on Daily Package Growth of 7.5%
- Daily Export Shipments up 7.1% Led by Double-Digit Gains in Asia
- Total UPS Revenue up 4.9% with Headwinds from Fuel and Currency
UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced third-quarter 2016 diluted earnings per share of $1.44, a 3.6% increase over the same period last year. International operating profit increased 14% to $576 million, achieving the seventh consecutive quarter of double-digit growth.
Total reported revenue was $14.9 billion, up 4.9% over the same quarter last year. Changes in fuel surcharges and currency exchange rates negatively affected revenue growth. On a currency-neutral basis, revenue increased 5.1%. In addition, lower fuel surcharge rates reduced revenue growth by approximately 50 basis points.
“We are providing value to UPS customers worldwide and our solutions enabled strong growth this quarter,” said David Abney, UPS chairman and CEO. ”The investments we are making in technology and capacity will ensure UPS continues to deliver great results well into the future.”