Rhapsody, United Airlines’ premium magazine had an exclusive shoot and interview for its January issue with the Hollywood A-lister Samuel L. Jackson and he let slip, that he has 'no idea' what Donald Trump is trying to achieve politically! This original story was immediately picked up by the New York Post and the Mail online – where they further highlighted that the film star stated that Trump was “more P.T. Barnum than politician”. This exposure seems to have riled the billionaire property developer, TV star and possible politician and he immediately replied “I don't know @SamuelLJackson, to best of my knowledge haven't played golf w/him & think he does too many TV commercials—boring. Not a fan." Seems like this ball might just keep going for a bit longer and continue to have a very lively life both in and beyond the aircraft cabin.
- Transformation Improves Efficiency and Revenue Quality
- 1Q19 EPS of $1.28; 1Q19 Adjusted^ EPS of $1.39
- Weather Lowered U.S. Profit by about $80M or $0.07 EPS
- U.S. Daily Air Volume Rose Nearly 8%; Growth Across All Products
- U.S. Revenue Yields Up, Led by Ground Products
- Supply Chain and Freight Operating Profit Up Nearly 18%; Adjusted Operating Profit Increased More Than 24%
- International Operating Margin of 15.3%; Adjusted Operating Margin of 17.7%
- Cash from Operations of $2.3B; Free Cash Flow about $760M
- UPS reaffirms adjusted diluted EPS in the range of $7.45 to $7.75
UPS (NYSE:UPS) today announced first-quarter 2019 earnings strengthened by higher-quality revenue and benefits from investments in its global network. First-quarter adjusted results exclude a pre-tax charge of $123 million, or $0.11 per share after tax, due to Transformation-related charges. These projects will create efficiencies across the enterprise and produce higher-quality revenue growth.
“The first quarter marked a good start to the year, as we executed against our strategy and generated solid performance across our business,” said David Abney, UPS chairman and CEO. “Our Transformation initiatives are enhancing revenue quality and creating network efficiencies that will increase our long-term earnings power. We are on a path to take advantage of growth opportunities and enhance our future performance.”