Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise, rang the Opening Bell this morning at the Nasdaq Stock Market in celebration of Walgreens participation in Red Nose Day. Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance. Red Nose Day, which is happening today in the U.S., is a chance for everyone to get seriously silly to raise funds and help change the lives of kids who need it most – in the U.S. and around the world. Over the past several weeks and continuing through next week, Walgreens has asked its customers to purchase red noses and other red flair items and wear them today on Red Nose Day, with proceeds benefiting the Red Nose Day Fund.
Adobe (Nasdaq:ADBE) today reported financial results for its first quarter fiscal year 2019 ended March 1, 2019.
Adobe adopted revenue accounting standard Accounting Standards Codification (“ASC”) 606 for its fiscal year 2019. Financial targets provided by the company in Dec. 2018 were based on the prior revenue accounting standard ASC 605. This release reports results based on ASC 606, and where applicable results under the prior ASC 605 standard have been provided for comparison purposes against the company’s ASC 605-based targets.
Q1 FY2019 Financial Highlights Under ASC 606
• Adobe achieved quarterly revenue of $2.60 billion in its first quarter of fiscal year 2019. Diluted earnings per share was $1.36 on a GAAP-basis, and $1.71 on a non-GAAP basis.
• Digital Media segment revenue was $1.78 billion, with Creative revenue growing to $1.49 billion and Document Cloud achieving record revenue of $282 million. Digital Media Annualized Recurring Revenue (“ARR”) grew to $7.07 billion exiting the quarter, a quarter-over-quarter increase of $357 million. Creative ARR grew to $6.21 billion, and Document Cloud ARR grew to $856 million.
• Digital Experience segment revenue was a record $743 million.
• GAAP operating income in the first quarter was $695 million, and non-GAAP operating income was $985 million. GAAP net income was $674 million, and non-GAAP net income was $844 million.
• Cash flow from operations was $1.01 billion, and deferred revenue grew to $3.22 billion exiting the quarter.
• Adobe repurchased approximately 2.1 million shares during the quarter.
A reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP results is provided at the end of this press release and on Adobe’s website.
“Adobe is fueling the creative economy, driving the paper-to-digital revolution and enabling businesses to transform through our leadership in customer experience management,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and CEO, Adobe. “Our results in Q1 reflect continued momentum across Adobe Creative Cloud, Document Cloud and Experience Cloud.”
“We’re off to a strong start in fiscal 2019, with record revenue, strong earnings and more than $1 billion of operating cash flow in our first quarter,” said John Murphy, executive vice president and CFO, Adobe.
much more detail at: https://news.adobe.com/press-release/corporate/adobe-reports-record-revenue-7