UPS is pleased that the UPS Freight agreement with the International Brotherhood of Teamster (IBT) has been ratified. It is an agreement that rewards our employees for their contributions to the success of the company, while enabling UPS to remain competitive. We will resume normal operations and will immediately begin accepting new volume from UPS Freight customers. Our teams began contacting customers immediately after ratification. We thank our customers for their patience and loyalty. The UPS Small Package National Master Agreement (NMA) and UPS Freight Master Agreement have both now been ratified. Customers can remain confident UPS is ready to continue to serve its small package and UPS Freight customers throughout the holiday season and beyond.
InnerWorkings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INWK), the leading global marketing execution firm, today announced financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2019. For all non-GAAP references below, please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation tables at the end of this release for more information.
“We have taken bold steps to improve our profitability, including sustainable cost actions and optimizing our client relationships to ensure they meet our return thresholds. These actions have given us greater confidence in our profitability expectations for this year, enabling us to raise our EBITDA guidance range,” said Chief Executive Officer Rich Stoddart. “We expect to ramp more new revenue in the second half of 2019 on the back of record year-to-date contract signings as well as onboarding additional revenue from the recently announced acquisition of Madden Communications’ marketing execution business.”
Financial and Business Highlights
• Gross revenue was $284.1 million in the second quarter of 2019, an increase of 1% compared to $282.0 million in the second quarter of 2018. Excluding currency impact, second quarter gross revenue increased 3% compared to the same period of last year.
• Gross profit (net revenue) was $69.1 million, or 24.3% of gross revenue in the second quarter of 2019, compared to $64.9 million, or 23.0% of gross revenue, in the same period of last year. Second quarter gross profit (net revenue) increased 6% over the prior period and 8% excluding currency impact.
• Net loss for the second quarter of 2019 was $(1.2) million, or $(0.02) per diluted share, compared to net loss of $(0.3) million, or $(0.01) per diluted share in the second quarter of 2018.
• Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2019 was $0.06, compared to $0.01 in the second quarter of 2018. Year-to-date non-GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.07, compared to a loss of $(0.01) in the same period of 2018.
• Adjusted EBITDA was $13.6 million in the second quarter of 2019, compared to $8.2 million in the second quarter of 2018. Year-to-date adjusted EBITDA was $20.2 million, an increase of 30% compared to the same period of 2018.
• Additional work from new and existing clients awarded to date in 2019 amounts to approximately $135 million of annual revenue at full run-rate. The latest of these wins includes a major expansion of our relationship with a global sportswear company and a new partnership supporting one of the world’s leading beverage brands.
• The acquisition of Madden Communications’ marketing execution business on August 1, 2019 adds to InnerWorkings’ capabilities in logistics and creative services and brings key clients in the beer, wine, and spirits vertical.
“Our second quarter adjusted EBITDA was more than twice the amount generated in the first quarter, reaching the highest level in almost 2 years,” said Don Pearson, Chief Financial Officer. “We expect to show positive momentum in the second half of 2019 as we begin to realize the benefits of our $15 million cost reduction plan announced in March. We expect to realize a minimum of $3 million in cost savings from the annual run rate of at least $9 million in cost savings initiatives being actioned this year, with the balance to be actioned next year. Looking further ahead, we expect the realization of these benefits combined with the high quality revenue of recent client wins to provide significant sustainable profitable growth in 2020 and beyond.”