RR Donnelley & Sons Company (Nasdaq:RRD) today announced that it intends to create three independent, publicly traded companies: one business focused on financial communications and data services; one business focused on publishing and retail-centric print services; and one business focused on customized multichannel communications management. Thomas J. Quinlan III, RR Donnelley's President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "Over the last decade, we have strengthened our business portfolio through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions, developing new products and services, inventing fresh ways to serve customers, attracting additional talent and building information technology systems.
InnerWorkings, Inc. (NASDAQ: INWK), the leading global marketing execution firm, today announced financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2018. For all non-GAAP references below, please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation tables at the end of this release for more information.
“While we are experiencing greater revenue declines than expected in transactional and small accounts, we are encouraged by the momentum we continue to build in new enterprise wins,” said Chief Executive Officer Rich Stoddart. “With the new contract we are announcing today, our total new business signings to date surpass the amount of work we were awarded in all of last year. This success is the result of our efforts to focus more intently on growing our core enterprise business, particularly in long-term, comprehensive partnerships with global brands. With this momentum we fully expect to return to our long-term pattern of organic growth in 2019.”
Financial and Business Highlights
• Gross revenue was $270.9 million in the third quarter of 2018, a decrease of 6% compared to $288.5 million in the third quarter of 2017. Excluding currency impacts, third quarter gross revenue decreased 5% compared to the same period of last year. Year-to-date gross revenue was $827.4 million, a decrease of 1% compared to $833.0 million in the same period of 2017.
• Gross profit (net revenue) was $64.0 million, or 23.6% of gross revenue in the third quarter of 2018, compared to $71.9 million, or 24.9% of revenue, in the same period of last year. Excluding the impact of an inventory writeoff related to our retail environments business, our gross margin was 24.0% in the third quarter of 2018.
• Net loss for the third quarter of 2018 was $(44.9) million, or $(0.87) per diluted share, compared to net income of $7.1 million, or $0.13 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2017. Third quarter net loss includes goodwill and intangible asset impairment charges of $41.9 million.
• Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share for the third quarter of 2018 was $0.04, compared to $0.15 in the third quarter of 2017.
• Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA was $12.2 million in the third quarter of 2018, compared to $18.1 million in the third quarter of 2017.
• Additional work from new and existing clients awarded so far during 2018 is expected to drive approximately $134 million of annual revenue at full run-rate. This includes a major client expansion announced today, a global partnership with a Fortune 100 food and beverage company.
“As planned, we have actioned $11 million of the $20 million in previously announced cost reduction measures as of October 1st,” said Chip Hodgkins, Interim Chief Financial Officer of InnerWorkings. “We are focused on implementing the remaining $9 million and we believe additional cost reductions beyond the original scope are possible and necessary to drive shareholder value. In partnership with third-party experts, we are also scoping further profit enhancement initiatives to drive near-term sustainable margin improvement and will provide an update in tandem with our fourth quarter results.”
more detail at: https://investor.inwk.com/news-releases/news-release-details/innerworkings-announces-third-quarter-2018-results