Paper Excellence has provided a Silver sponsorship to the 2019 Tony Cote Summer Games, formerly known as the Saskatchewan First Nation Summer Games. Flying Dust First Nation will host the annual sporting event July 14-19 where competitors representing every First Nation band from Saskatchewan are expected to participate. This is the second opportunity the community of Meadow Lake and Flying Dust First Nation play host to the games, the first being in 2003. “It is our privilege to provide corporate sponsorship to the Summer Games, an event that aids in the development of Saskatchewan’s First Nation youth”, explains Brian Baarda, Paper Excellence CEO. Click Read More below for additional information.
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) today announced preliminary, unaudited results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 30, 2017. All non-GAAP financial measures referenced in this document are reconciled to GAAP in the attached tables. Unless otherwise indicated, comparisons are to the same period in the prior year.
“2017 marked the company’s sixth consecutive year of strong top-line growth, margin expansion, and double-digit adjusted EPS growth,” said Mitch Butier, President and CEO. “Strong top-line performance in 2017 reflected a balance of contributions from acquisitions and organic growth, driven by our focus on faster-growing high value categories and large presence in emerging markets.
“Label and Graphic Materials delivered another year of strong growth and continued margin expansion. Retail Branding and Information Solutions’ operating income rose significantly, reflecting outstanding performance in terms of both top-line growth and margin expansion. And we expanded the platform for Industrial and Healthcare Materials, through both acquisitions and a return to solid organic growth in the back half of the year.
“In 2018, we expect to once again deliver a strong top-line and double-digit EPS growth, while further increasing our level of investment for the future,” said Butier. “I would like to thank our employees for their dedication to creating superior value for our customers, investors, and the communities in which we operate. We remain confident that the consistent execution of our strategies will enable us to continue this momentum for years to come.”
Fourth Quarter 2017 Results by Segment
Sales change ex. currency refers to the increase or decrease in sales excluding the estimated impact of currency translation. The estimated impact of currency translation is calculated on a constant currency basis, with prior period results translated at current period average exchange rates to exclude the effect of currency fluctuations. Organic sales change refers to the increase or decrease in sales excluding the estimated impact of currency translation, product line exits, and acquisitions and divestitures. Adjusted operating margin refers to income before interest expense and taxes, excluding restructuring charges and other items, as a percentage of sales.
Label and Graphic Materials
• Reported sales increased 9.2 percent. Sales ex. currency increased 5.6 percent; on an organic basis, sales grew 4.6 percent. Sales increased mid-single digits on an organic basis in Label and Packaging Materials, as well as in the combined Graphics and Reflective Solutions businesses.
• Reported operating margin increased 60 basis points to 11.9 percent as the benefits of increased volume and productivity more than offset higher employee-related costs and the net impact of pricing and raw material costs. Adjusted operating margin increased 70 basis points to 12.2 percent.
Retail Branding and Information Solutions
• Reported sales increased 5.2 percent; on an organic basis, sales grew 4.7 percent driven by strength in both RFID and the base business.
• Reported operating margin increased 150 basis points to 10.8 percent as the benefits from productivity, increased volume, and reduced amortization expense were partially offset by higher employee-related costs and the net impact of pricing and raw material costs. Adjusted operating margin increased 190 basis points to 11.9 percent.
Industrial and Healthcare Materials
• Reported sales increased 60.3 percent. Sales ex. currency increased 56.9 percent; on an organic basis, sales grew 5.7 percent. Sales on an organic basis increased high-single digits in industrial categories and increased low-single digits in healthcare categories.
• Reported operating margin declined 160 basis points to 7.2 percent, with roughly half of the decline due to acquisitions, and the balance reflecting near-term operational challenges and investments. Adjusted operating margin declined 210 basis points to 7.6 percent.
more detail at: http://www.investors.averydennison.com/news-releases/news-release-details/avery-dennison-announces-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2017