Appvion, Inc. announced plans to consolidate the majority of the carbonless paper coating and rewinding operations currently performed at its plant in Appleton, Wisconsin, to its integrated pulp and paper mill in Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, and relocate the Appleton Plant’s sheeting operations to an Appvion-operated facility near the mill. The company expects the transition will begin in January and be completed in the third quarter of 2018. Consolidating Appvion’s carbonless paper manufacturing, rewinding, and sheeting to the Roaring Spring area, where Appvion already produces this product, will help position the company for long-term success by increasing the efficiencies of its manufacturing and logistics operations. The consolidation plan will result in the shutdown of three under-utilized coaters and related rewinding and sheeting equipment at the Appleton Plant and the elimination of approximately 200 hourly and salaried jobs at that facility. Approximately 300 hourly and salaried plant employees will be retained at the Appleton Plant to continue producing the company’s thermal paper products and some carbonless and specialty coated grades. Employment at Roaring Spring Mill and at Appvion’s thermal paper coating plant in West Carrollton, Ohio, will be unaffected by the plan. Click Read More below for additional information.
• Microsphere removable comes in matte white, matte clear or gloss white finishes with a 90# layflat polycoated paper liner. *Also available in Augusta matte white embossed finish.
• Available in 4, 6 and 8 mil vinyl facestock options rated for <3 years of outdoor use.
• Suitable for short term indoor and outdoor applications, clean removability <1 year.
• Best suited for application surfaces like smooth, flat painted walls, wall paper, wood paneling, polished stone, glass and stainless steel.
• Available in wide format rolls, digital cut size sheets and folio sheets. Custom rolls and sheets available upon request.
• NEW SPMWG6G5450 – 6 mil. Gloss White Removable Microsphere Adhesive
• Available in a 6 mil semi-rigid matte white vinyl facestock rated for <3 years of outdoor use.
• Adhesive properties allow for application to a broader range of surfaces like painted plywood, concrete, textured walls painted with low VOC paints.
• Options available with a 90# layflat or 90# air-egress layflat polycoated paper liner.
• Clean removability <6 months
• Available in 54×50 yd. wide format rolls. Custom rolls and sheets available upon request.
• NEW SPM600FW/R5450 – 6 mil. Matte White High-Peel Removable Adhesive
• NEW SPE600FW/R5450 – 6 mil. Matte White High-Peel Removable with an Air-Egress Liner
Print Compatibility: HP Indigo, Conventional and UV Offset, Latex, Eco-Solvent, Solvent, UV Wide Format, Screen
Applications Include: Wall Decals | Wall Décor | Point-of-Purchase Wall Signage | Renovation Barricades | Wayward Signage | Posters | Textured Wall Graphics
Contact your Midland Paper, Packaging & Supplies sales professional for more information.