Three Gannett newspapers in New Jersey — Asbury Park Press, Home News Tribune and Courier News — have unionized with the NewGuild of New York, the union announced last week. “Our newsrooms have served our communities for over a century, and by forming the APP-MCJ Guild, we are ensuring our journalists are given the necessary means to serve for the next 100 years,” states Ryan Ross, on-air host and visual journalist for the Asbury Park Press. “We respect the right of employees at Asbury Park Press, the Courier News and the Home News Tribune to make a fully informed choice for themselves whether to unionize or not to unionize,” says Thomas C. Zipfel, Gannett's labor relations counsel.
There are many times that a flat design element causes a mailing to go at a higher rate of postage. This can be frustrating as well as expensive. In order to help you stay away from potential issues here are some things to keep in mind as you are preparing a flat size direct mail campaign.
- Flat sized mail is between 126 x 11.51 to 12 x 15.
- Paper stock must be a minimum of .009 thick. The maximum thickness is ¾ inch for the whole mailer.
- No aspect ratio requirement.
- Flats are required to have address blocks in the upper half of the short edge.
- The fold or binding must be to the right of the mail panel.
- No tabs are required.
- If you use a poly bag/envelope the maximum extra space you can have inside the bag from the edge of the piece to the edge of the bag is .5.
details at: https://www.piworld.com/post/seven-steps-to-navigating-usps-direct-mail-flat-requirements/