Q2 2017 highlights: • Comparable EBIT increased by 2% to EUR 270 million (264 million in Q2 2016). • Favourable market demand continued. • High maintenance activity and seasonally higher fixed costs impacted comparable EBIT by approximately EUR -20 million compared with Q2 2016, EUR -45 million compared with Q1 2017. • Solid operating cash flow at EUR 269 million (434 million). • Net debt decreased to EUR 1,046 million (1,876 million). • UPM announced new focused investments at the Kaukas pulp mill and Tampere labelstock factory. Click Read More below for additional details.
Suzano Pulp and Paper (B3: SUZB3), one of the largest integrated pulp and paper producers in Latin America, announces today its consolidated results for the first quarter of 2018 (1Q18).
• Strong Results: Adjusted EBITDA² of R$1.5 billion and ROIC of 17.4%
• Solid performance in the pulp segment: Adjusted EBITDA²/ton of R$ 1,467/ton (+ 103% vs. 1Q17)
• Lower cash costs in LTM: R$573/ton, down 5.3% from LTM 1Q17
• Implementation of price increase and recovery of paper segment: Adjusted EBITDA²/ton of R$ 855/ton (+22% vs. 1Q17)
• Investments: announcement of the combination with Fibria’s assets
• Tissue: integration of operations with Facepa and segmented results as from 2nd half of 2018
• Financial Solidity: reduction in net debt, with leverage ratio of 1.7x Net Debt/ Adjusted EBITDA (in BRL and USD)
• Credit rating: upgraded to Investment Grade by Standard & Poor’s and reaffirmation of Investment Grade by Fitch Ratings
more detail at: http://ir.suzano.com.br/ptb/6834/613652.pdf