Closing date: 5pm, Friday 14 July 2017 (Bonn, Germany time)
- Are you an environmentally-conscious, socially-aware journalism student?
- Do you have strong writing skills in English?
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 26 and currently pursuing a degree in journalism/communications/environmental sciences?
Then Join Us at the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) 8th General Assembly (GA) from October 9-10 in Vancouver, Canada and Report on the Issues at the Forefront of Responsible Forestry.
Young people are at the centre of a sustainable future, and FSC is looking for a passionate youth correspondent who can engage their peers by covering this important event with originality, accuracy and inspiring reporting.
The FSC GA 2017 is FSC’s highest decision-making body. Eight hundred participants from 70 countries – representing social, economic and environmental interests from the Global North and South – will meet in Vancouver to discuss a sustainable future for the world’s forests and the people that inhabit them. To find out more about FSC International go to https://ic.fsc.org and for more detailed information on the FSC GA 2017 go to http://ga2017.fsc.org
Two journalism students will be selected by the FSC Communications Unit to attend the GA and act as FSC Youth Correspondents – reporting for youth, by youth.
To see the full criteria and application requirements, please visit the GA website here.
Closing Date: 5PM, FRIDAY, 14 JULY (BONN, GERMANY TIME)
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 application’ in the header, or post your application to:
FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 Application
53113 Bonn Deutschland / Germany
The Successful Applicant will Receive:
- Return flights on economy class to Vancouver
- Reimbursement of visa application fees
- Accommodation (sharing) in a hotel in Vancouver
- All meals and a small stipend will be provided
read more/source: https://ic.fsc.org/en/news-updates/id/1863